In the exam, shuffling the order for each participant can increase Exam Security.
The following orders in the exam can be determined randomly for each participant:
- Order of the sections in the exam
- Order of the pages in the section
- Order of questions on the page
- Order of choices for questions
You can keep the order of some sections, pages, questions, and choices fixed while keeping the order shuffled.
In an exam, the order of which elements will be shuffled and the order of which elements will remain fixed can be determined separately in the Exam Builder Editor. For example:
- You can ensure that the order of the sections in the exam is shuffled, but the 1st section is the same for everyone.
- You can ensure that the order of the pages in section 1 is shuffled, but not the order of the pages in section 2.
- You can ensure that the order of the questions on each page is shuffled, but only the order of the last question on the page remains fixed.
- You can ensure that the order of options in a question is shuffled, but the order of the first and last options remains fixed.
You can visit the Randomized Order page for detailed information.